Saturday, June 11, 2005

We are

We are

We are constantly validating
creation
in every step
we interact with the world
and its circundating existence.

We validate each other
with the knowing
of our being,
our crossing paths,
the acceptance
of our living
how unavoidable
is our demise.

We are thought
of the purest kind,
fruit of the
eternal mind.
We are the sound
of forever snow,
we are light
from the primeval time,
we are, then we aren’t
altogether
who is to know?

We are children
of the Gods
as is everything else,
we are hunger
of understanding,
of stating, of learning.

Why this forever thirst,
if not to fulfil a role,
it hurts in the side like a thorn,
a primal directive
planted in the human consciousness
from even before we were born.

© Roberto Isaza
March 13, 2005

6 Comments:

At 6:36 AM, Blogger elvira black said...

Rob:

Once again, profound insight embodied in beautiful poetry.

I agree with your philosphy and assertions. We are all here for a reason. Somehow we have evolved enough to grasp complex concepts and beautiful ways to express them, but are still struggling with the existtential self-awareness of our own mortality and the violence we perpretrate against each other. I think our eternal spirits and the thoughts we express live on forever.

 
At 4:00 AM, Blogger Rob said...

This is so right!, Elvira. It empowers the writing when shared with another mind, thank you so much for setting me up to Blog, and for opening my eyes to this marvelous new world. Thank you also for stepping in to share thoughts. It's what we're all about. rob

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger Preston said...

Whoa.

Thank you Rob.

I usually have a hard time reading poetry; something about my eyes whizing back and forth too fast across the words. However, Elvira told me to come check out your work. I'm glad I did.

I too feel the inter-connectedness of us all and our thirst for knowledge, internal and external, but I never seem to be able to phrase it right. The purpose? I am not sure....

Thoughts of this lightly bring to mind Carl Jung and his theories of the Collective Unconscious.

 
At 1:25 AM, Blogger Rob said...

Thanks for the comment, Henry. I don't consider my writings poetry, they're just that, writings, expressions of my mind. They urge me to share with whoever is receptive to them. I think that there is a purpose to all of this we just lost the meaning when we accepted that the material things were more important than the spiritual and mind growth. We are responsible for pushing the envelope toward a closer understanding of the purpose for us being here ... or not.

 
At 11:18 PM, Blogger Preston said...

My apologies, Rob. I did not mean to pigeonhole your works inappropriately. The non-prose format threw me. Nevertheless, still great stuff. If these are the expressions of your mind, your mind must be warped!

Keep 'em coming!

#:-o

 
At 3:22 AM, Blogger Rob said...

Lol, Henry ... warp 9

 

Post a Comment

<< Home