Saturday, September 10, 2005


Mourning 911

I heard the song
of the jet
as it soared
over New York harbor
toward the buildings
and lives
that are there
no more.
No more
hate or love
no more sunsets
or rises
no more for us.

Politics aside,
those who went
inside there
to rescue others
put their lives
on the line,
the line that wore through
for many,
others weren’t
so lucky.

The core
of existence
is not what we produce,
it is what
we invest our lives in.

I mourn for those
lives lost
in the hurricane
last week,
I cry
for those innocent
who died only yesterday
and through time.

© Roberto Isaza
August, 23, 2004

2 Comments:

At 9:53 PM, Blogger Preston said...

I hear ya, Rob.

This work is eerie in it's timeliness for now.

Thanks for sharing.

 
At 11:46 PM, Blogger Rob said...

Thanks for coming by, Henry. What else can we do but reflect on what we perceive and then blurt it out with our pain and anguish and the sense of wrong. I bit my tongue not to say anything of the south east and the shitty job they did of protecting us. Who is accountable? It was the worst act of terrorism. Done by our "elected" officers. I'll leave it at that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home