Saturday, August 22, 2009

Our Art ... my writings are song

Our art

My writings are song
whose melody will fade in time
words paling
to then disappear
vanished
from the collective memory.

My writings are sculpture
carved in stone
turned to sand
with the weight of years gone by
words scattered to the four winds
letters reverting to nothing.

If all this is true,
I’m not writing for permanence
nor personal gain,
what the hell I write for
except that it is
decreed by heaven.

As the sculptor carving the stone
or the composer and his music,
the painter and his chapel,
and the minstrel of old,
the purpose is not the end product,
but what this builds in me.

It’s not where I’m going
but what my steps built in me
through my chosen path.
And it’s not so much
the path I chose to follow,
but to have been chosen by it.

© Roberto Isaza

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home